1. God, the creating, sustaining, unifying source of all that is enduring.
2. The universe of God, a creation ever in process with
the material and spiritual viewed as phases of a single reality.
3. Man – a creation designed by God to become a self-managing person who will live the good life as he lines up with God in all fields of
4. Jesus Christ, who came to earth to live on earth with man, to reveal to man the nature of God, the way of the good life.
5. The Holy Spirit, the radiating personal presence of
God, affording ministries that encourage in goodness, integrate the person, and enlighten in understanding love.
6. The scriptures, the recorded words concerning God's relationship with man.
7. Ordination, the consecration at the designation of God, of men who function in various offices of ministry.
8. Revelation, the disclosing of God in multiple manifestations of his total personhood, in
his diverse creative expressions.
9. Sacraments, the ceremonial ministries instituted by Jesus Christ to develop disciples, covenant them with God, further communion with God.
10. Zion, the manifestation of saintly community, of social gospel, here and now.
11. Stewardship, man's accountability to God and to his fellowmen for all resources.
12. Theology of
history that looks to God's continuing functioning to express his purpose with periods and conditions of decline in achieving this purpose contingent upon man's response to God.
13. Eschatology in which
"last things" refer to a closing of a period or condition, rather than a closing out of God's creative operation.
14. Worth of all persons with God and his people.
15. Evangelism, the
outreaching concern of disciples of Christ for the spiritual welfare of others.